Monday, February 16, 2015

Goal Update 1

GOAL 1:
Weigh 145 lbs or less.
Complete a fun 5k
Strengthen my arms



Where am I now?
260.0 lbs
115.0 lbs to lose

GOAL 2:
Complete a fun 5k

Where am I now?
I want to try for the Nashville Run or Dye if they have it. Otherwise its going to be the Blacklight Run

For now I'm just jogging indoors to keep from the cold and ICE 3 times a week for 30 min. 


GOAL 3:
Strengthen my arms

Where am I now?
I'm incorporating 1 lb and 5 lb weights into my workouts. I'm also dedicating 30 min 3 times a week to this. 


GOAL 4:
Be able to belly dance.

Where am I now?
no where really. I've watched a few videos, This week I need to really make a move and DO SOMETHING. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the belly dancing goal. I used to be able to do that, but it's been over 20 years since I did it.

    Have you looked at any of the "couch to 5K" programs on the Internet? There's a potload that say they work in 8 weeks. Our sort-of active family has found that to be seriously overenthusiastic, so we have done the program in 16 weeks instead, taking two weeks for each step. It gives concrete goals of when to run how much. I found it helpful to be guided exactly like that. There's enough variety of 5K training regimens out there, that you should be able to find one that fits your life and mind-style.

    ReplyDelete