Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm sticking with it


If my diet were made up of “food replacements” then when I get down to 145 lbs I would stop eating them, and go back to eating my normal food. Then I would just get fat again. If I were to get mail order foods I would not learn how to cook those foods myself, and the same thing would happen. If I were to say No this, or No that, I would want it more and fail. 

I have committed to this, and I will commit every morning when I get up to keep it up. I know it’s not going to happen overnight. It took 9 months to put on 40 lbs, and about another year to put on another 50 lbs. I expect it to take that long or longer to get it off in a healthy way.

Eat Right + Exercise + Sensible Lifestyle Habits = A HEALTHY WEIGHT

I know changes are happening in my body. This week has been a sick week because of that. And I believe my body will get over all this soon and I will feel better. My head still hurts, and food is not sounding very good. I can eat, but if I take one bite more than I need, I start to feel sick. I don’t know why, I just know this is what is happening. As long as I’m still eating I’m fine.

This book I found will be my work book. I started reading it and I like it, it is very interactive. I got out a pencil and did the starting chapter. There is a list of healthy eating habits and you check the boxes if you plan on doing that thing, and shade it in if you already do it. There are a lot of checks and a few shaded in. This book is totally for me, and so far is says the same thing I have been saying. Not to say no more, to say less. Make trades with myself. If I was the ice cream I can trade another food, or workout more that day. (Not that I eat ice cream a lot, maybe 2 times a week. Is that a lot?)

I’m also learning new things. Like eating at least 8 fiber foods will help regulate my blood sugar. I’m doing good at limiting high fat foods like butter, mayo, ranch, dips and chips, fast food, and things like that. I still need to work on not frying foods, I use olive oil, but using the broiler would be best. I just need the right pan.  I also need to work on not getting the boxed snacks, diet or not. They have a lot of crap in them. It would be better to just make something myself. Maybe diet homemade cookies? I will  see what I can find.

After I stop being sick I will look into adding 2-3 days a week with strength training. I need to not let being sick become a reason to stop moving forward. I have missed a lot of walking this week because my head hurts too much. But I know it will stop, and I try to move around the house still. And I have walked, but not 2 miles every day. But its not because I don’t want to, it’s because I’m not feeling well. So I’m not going to be upset at myself. I will stop here, I need to lay down. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you! Find what works best for you and stick with it. I believe if I can lose weight and get my life back, that you can and you will!

    ReplyDelete