Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 1 dinner

so here's what we have: the oven roasted vegetables are potatoes, carrots, and green beans. I took half a chicken breast and scored both sides, then I rubbed in a dry garlic and herb seasoning. after letting it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours, I put it on 1 of those press grill that made it a big dinner chicken steak. the salad is romaine hearts and spinach with grapes and a raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette, light. and then for dessert is fresh cut pineapple, about to cups worth. a 100% whole wheat roll with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter". and as much water as I can drink.
I couldn't finish all of my dinner tonight. there are few bites of the chicken left, part of the salad, and about 3 pieces of pineapple. I did sit n eat for about an hour, but I cheated because I have the laptop in front of me. I am full now, but not the kind of full that makes you feel sick. I'm the kinda full that makes you want to go to sleep now. my pm snack is a banana but I don't think I'll need it.
tomorrow I will blog about how I feel about the whole experience. I will also continue on the meal plan with meals like this for the next 2 weeks. if it is something sustainable and I feel good I will continue. to be honest I feel very good about this. I already know what I'm going to be eating the next few days and that makes food prep very easy. I made lots of vegetables for tonight so I will use those of the next few days as well. 
it's time for me to start wrapping up my day. goodnight everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment