Saturday, February 7, 2015

Journal #1, Goals and Motivation

GOAL 1:
Weigh 145 lbs or less.


WHY NOW?
I realized I'm slowly creeping my way up to the 300 lbs mark. I can't move fast to help when there is need to move fast (like to stop the dog from getting out of the yard). And I want to live to see my son grow up.


WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE?
Being alive is important. Also feeling good and being happy are important.


HOW WILL MY LIFE BE IMPROVED?
I will feel better, I will be able to breath when I am active. I will feel good about how I look. I will be able to ware nice clothes. I will live longer. I will me more like the me I see in my head. It will be a positive impact on all parts of my life


Action Steps

  •  Modify my eating habits with 3 month Nurtisystem to train my mind and body. 
  •  Become active daily to begin to burn off fat.
  •  Keep my blog and journal so that I can look back and keep moving ahead.
  •  Learn skills to prevent falling back on old habits. 


Milestones:

  1.  Get back to the 230 lbs that I was at before my son.
  2.  Get below 200 lbs, brake that number line.
  3.  Get below 180 lbs, the weight I was when I was 18.
  4.  Get to my goal of 145 lbs!

Rewards:
  1. Special Date Night with my hubby.
  2. New Clothes. (this will repeat as I loss, but the first time is a big one) 
  3.  Spa Day (I've always felt I was too fat)
  4.  On top of finally being being 145 lbs, and all of the above, we will be saving to get me Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). Something like $5k to $10k depending on things. 



GOAL 2:
Complete a fun 5k


WHY NOW?
I now live where there are all kinda of fun 5k events with foam, mud, dye, and water. I want to be able to do it so that we can do them as a family.


WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE?
Being an active family help us bond and gives my son positive memories that will help him live a healthy life as well. Also, its fun!


HOW WILL MY LIFE BE IMPROVED?
Being fit enough to do a 5k is a marker for me to know that I can do other things as well. It a motivating health activity.


Action Steps

  •  Use a Plan
  •  Be consistent 
  •  Pick a 5k for this summer and sign up
  •  Make a jogging playlist to get me pumped


Milestones:

  1. Jog 50 yards
  2. Jog 100 yards
  3. Jog 200 yards
  4. Jog 1/4 mile
  5. Jog 1/2 mile
  6. Jog 1 mile
  7. Jog 2 miles within APFT Standards
  8. Finish 5k!

Rewards:
  1. big hug
  2. hot bath
  3. hot bath
  4. hot bath
  5. hot bath and i don't cook dinner 
  6. hot bath and i don't cook dinner 
  7. hot bath and i don't cook dinner 
  8. $200 to spend exclusively on self.



GOAL 3:
Strengthen my arms


WHY NOW?
Right now my right arm falls out of socket all the time, even in my sleep.


WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE?
The doctor said that the muscles were too weak to hold in my arm. If I don't get the strength back soon, they want to open me up, and maybe put a pin in to hold my arm in. my dad has a pin in his arm, so does one of my older brothers. Its painful and cam tale 6 months to a year to recover. No thank you.


HOW WILL MY LIFE BE IMPROVED?
It will save me lots of pain, money, and time. Also, hot arms


Action Steps

  •  Begin using resistance bands
  •  Push-Ups
  •  Ask Husband for more ideas
  •  Get real weights


Milestones:

  1. Can do 10 girl Push-Ups
  2. Perform a Push-Up
  3. Perform a Pull-Up
  4. APFT Push-Up Standards passed with 60%

Rewards:
  1. Massage from husband
  2. Purchase Weight Set
  3. Purchase Pull-Up Bar
  4. Pole Dance Bar



GOAL 4:
Be able to belly dance.


WHY NOW?
After I had my son my left hip never went back into place, it means sometimes I have a limp, and it hurts a lot of the time.


WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE?
Like my arm, I have been told by doctor that I need to strengthen my hip muscles and abs. There is little they can do to help me, hips are not something easy to fix.


HOW WILL MY LIFE BE IMPROVED?
 It turns out belly dancing is great for doing what I need, and it is fun and can be sexy. I would not be in pain all the time. It will help me look better. And other reasons that relate to my hubby. :3


Action Steps

  • Watch YouTube Videos
  • Create belly dancing multireddit
  • Locate active local communicate + engage
  • Practice Yoga using above techniques


Milestones:

  1.  30 minutes of private belly dancing
  2.  30 minutes of private belly dancing 3x week
  3.  belly dance for my husband
  4.  be able to belly dance for entertainment

Rewards:
  1. Sign up for a class.
  2. Get Belly dancing equipment
  3. Get Belly dancing outfit 
  4. Get Ribbon/Fire Dancing Equipment

These are the 4 goals I will be working on. They are just the first 4, but I feel they will be fun and I can start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment